Redcross.org | The most effective way to protect yourself and your home from fire is to identify and remove fire hazards. 60 percent of house fire deaths occur in homes with no working smoke alarms. Below are 7 fire safety and prevention tips to help keep you safe:
Fire Safety Tips
1. Talk with all household members about a fire escape plan and practice the plan twice a year.
2. Install smoke alarms on every level of your home, inside bedrooms and outside sleeping areas.
3. Test smoke alarms once a month, if they’re not working, change the batteries. Smoke alarms should be replaced every 10 years.
4. Turn portable heaters off when you leave the room or go to sleep.
5. Keep items that can catch on fire at least three feet away from anything that gets hot, such as space heaters.
6. If a fire occurs in your home, GET OUT, STAY OUT and CALL for help.
7. Talk to your children regularly about the dangers of fire, matches and lighters and keep them out of reach. Click here to download the Monster Guard: Prepare for Emergencies mobile game to teach kids about fire safety and other disasters.
Call today, let’s discuss your individual goals for purchasing or selling a property and find out if you can benefit by these low rates. Larry Cirnigliaro (714) 394-6649 – For all your real estate needs.